Bidvertiser

Friday, October 10, 2014

Baked Sweet And Sour Chicken

I'm not a very big fan of chicken. I only like them when they are "dry," like when fried or roasted. I also don't consciously eat the thigh and leg part. I'm sure I got "tricked" into eating them when the dish served used fillet bits, but I steer clear of these parts when I am able to.

It's a weird story actually. When we were kids, my brother and I used to fight over chicken parts. He loved the leg part so much, and I think he usually ended up getting it. That's probably why I associate chicken legs with a "negative" experience. Thanks, bro.

So anyway, we are doing sweet and sour chicken today. While it's not exactly a "dry" chicken dish, it's more preferable to dishes like "tinola." To give it a little twist, I decided to bake it for before serving.


Here are the things that you need:

Fried Chicken:
3-4 boneless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper 
1 1/2 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup cooking oil

Sweet and Sour Sauce:
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup white vinegar
3 tablespoon soy sauce
salt and pepper



Here's what you have to do:

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  If you don't know how to do this, just turn on your oven and set the fire in between medium and high. 
2. Prepare your fried chicken. Cut the chicken  breasts into bite-sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper.  
3. Have your cornstarch and beaten eggs in two separate bowls.  Dip each chicken piece into the cornstarch then coat in egg mixture.  
4. Fry until golden brown.
5. Place the fried chicken in a greased baking dish.  I
6. Next, you need to prepare your sauce. In a pot, whisk together sugar, ketchup, vinegar, and soy sauce. Cook for a few minutes until you get a good consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Pour sauce over chicken and bake for one hour.

The end product kinda looks like fried Korean chicken, the ones sold in Bon Chon. It obviously tastes different (we used sweet and sour sauce, after all). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chitika