Bidvertiser

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pork Chops Braised In Milk

The dish sounded a bit weird when I first heard about it. Pork chops and milk. But I just had to try it. Luckily, the ingredients are readily available. I also had no difficulty cooking it in the limited time that I had this morning.


What you need:
4 boneless pork loin chops
salt 
fresh ground black pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups milk
2 tsp. butter
2 tsp. vegetable oil
1 tbsp corn starch
garlic




And here are the instructions:
1. Pound pork chops slightly using a mallet or something heavy/blunt. 
2. Season with salt and pepper, and let stand for at least 15 minutes.
3. Optional: you may opt to dip the pork in breadings/batter
4. Fry pork until golden brown on both sides. Add garlic and continue cooking for a minute.
5. Pour in 1 cup milk and cornstarch (preferably mixed in the milk)
6. Cook in slow fire for about 20 to 30 minutes
7. Add milk as needed (don't let the dish go dry)
8. Season with salt/pepper as needed

The result was actually a nice dish perfect for lunch. You can also change it up a bit by adding mushrooms and perhaps something green (like basil or parsley). I used non-fat milk because that's the only milk I had in the fridge. Hopefully that made the dish a little healthier. Who am I kidding? I should have trimmed the fat off the chops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chitika